This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please Help/Guidance...

Started by Melissa Wells, June 21, 2016 · 5 Replies · 185 Views

Melissa Wells

A little background before I start begging:

I'm 43 years old. I have been doing Gracie Jiu-Jitsu since I was 19. I've been a black belt for 10 years, and I've always stayed in quite good shape. I've never lifted weights, but I've always done body weight exercises. I do have some shoulder mobility issues (I can not extend my arms overhead and touch my hands together without real effort). I've owned Foundation-1 for a few years and have been following it, but I want to tackle this super hard and get into the best physical shape, both aesthetically and mobility wise.  My problem is that I'm extremely busy and have lightly searched around on the Internet, but just don't have the time to dig to find specific answers right now. So I figured I'd write specific questions and maybe someone on here can guide me a little. My sons and wife are all eager to begin as well.

Basically, I'm just searching for a visual guide or a really straightforward answer on how to use and progress through Foundation-1 and then progress into other things. I also own the entire Stretch Series as well. We have been doing the same exercises over and over. I assume that once I have reached "mastery" in one specific area, I then move onto the next group of exercises, but I'm just not totally clear. Could someone basically tell me exactly what I need to do so that I can be in the very best shape of my life? That's all I want. I will do the work and am easily self-motivated. I just need a good idea of the way this program should look if I want to get very serious and take it as far as it's designed to go.

Thanks,

Jake Johnston

Stephen Majerle

The courses contain exact instructions on how to follow the courses. Do you have a more specific question on something you don't understand?

Melissa Wells

Hey, Stephen. I have never really been great at following written instruction. I do much better if I can see something in motion. I've tried using the dashboard to run through the exercises but it seems to leave out the strength portion and just runs me through the mobility, or maybe it's the other way around. I guess I'd just like to know how to use this to really get somewhere. I want to be strong, super fit, and very mobile. I have wasted a lot of time just because it's been difficult to understand (for me), and I am so hungry to feel like I'm getting somewhere. I apologize if I seem lazy - I'm not. Just hoping to get a run down on how this program should look. Thank you for answering back.

 

Jared Birbeck

dashboard will show up the workout, you can click to start the workout as a task and then that will take you to the first exercise. it will show the strength portion, then there is an arrow under the vid of that to show you the mobility section. Do the strength then the mobility before you do the next set of the strength portion. you can click on the reps or time for each set of strength work to track your progress. you will then auto advance you if you are successfully completing the workouts to the required reps/time for the week..

I like the set up and works quite well for me, certainly better than the pen and paper method of tracking reps and sets and auto advance is a nice feature.

 

 

Cole Dano

Once you've worked out the Dashboard. The general format is set how many times you want to work out each week. Test your starting point, starting with the very first exercises given, that would be the PE1 level for each of the 7 exercise progressions.

From there each time you workout you record it in the Dashboard and the Dashboard will update and generate your next workout for you.

If you do have any questions on the details of using the Dashboard, the best place to get answers is the Help desk, just click the Icon on the bottom right of the dashboard.

Melissa Wells

Okay, that's good to know. We are doing 4 times per week plus the stretch series, so I think this will keep me busy. I've put jiu-jitsu on the back burner for the next year or so. I appreciate the feedback.