This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

brachioradialis pain

Started by Randall Osborne, June 20, 2016 · 7 Replies · 195 Views

Randall Osborne

I have some annoying pain that seems related to the brachioradialis muscle of my forearm just below the elbow.  It is only my left arm, which is the arm that stays flexed more often than my right (phone, holding backpack, driving, life).  I am trying to balance that out.

I am not doing anything other than Foundation, all 3 stretch series workouts and handstands.  

I have no problem resting to resolve this, but I am not sure what to rest or avoid.  I do have a tendency to stress my elbow joints working on shoulder extension, but at the moment I am not having any problems there (I just have to be careful with the TB series).

Just looking for suggestions on what to avoid.  

Orench Lagman

Avoid putting more stress on the arm by using pain as your guide. If it hurts, stop it. I would stay  with some light stretching. Are you doing the Xio Pengs from Foundation One?

 

Randall Osborne
11 hours ago, Orench Lagman said:

Avoid putting more stress on the arm by using pain as your guide. If it hurts, stop it. I would stay  with some light stretching. Are you doing the Xio Pengs from Foundation One?

 

Thanks.  Yes I have been doing those.  

Orench Lagman

Feeling better?

Randall Osborne
26 minutes ago, Zach Armijo said:

Finger and wrist stretches are very important as is regular soft tissue work on the forearms. Scraping, rolling, etc... 

Yes I have a good ART guy in Dallas.  Scrape, dry needle.  Ouch.  But it is helping.  

Alessandro Mainente

You can find that shoulders extension + with full upper arm external rotation + scapula retraction + flexed wrists is extremely beneficial, no a bit beneficial, extremely beneficial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXn6GwN9u7E

You can do this exercise also if you sit on your butt and putting the hands on floor behind you. You do not need to hold the hands together but make sure your are following the underlined words.

It is the most effective exercise that I learned.

Randall Osborne
19 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

You can find that shoulders extension + with full upper arm external rotation + scapula retraction + flexed wrists is extremely beneficial, no a bit beneficial, extremely beneficial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXn6GwN9u7E

You can do this exercise also if you sit on your butt and putting the hands on floor behind you. You do not need to hold the hands together but make sure your are following the underlined words.

It is the most effective exercise that I learned.

I may need a partner...or two...for that.  Thanks.  I also found this stretch very specific to the brachioradialis:

 

Alessandro Mainente

Not enough torque on the elbows. brachioradialis is subjected to pronation since it pass through the elbow and attach into the radius. if you use this particular quality of this muscle you can stretch it further. one of the foundamental idea about stretching is that if you reach the full joint extension in some regions , then the only one remaining option is the torque.

for the brachioradialis once you reach the full elbow extension there is no additional range of movement in extension. torque is the only solution.