I am posting my question in the mobility section...any advice is greatly appreciated.
Started by Srini Duggirala, June 20, 2016 · 6 Replies · 2,194 Views
I am posting my question in the mobility section...any advice is greatly appreciated.
Both front split and middle split stretch course.
17 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Both front split and middle split stretch course.
Thank you Alessandro.
If you were to pick one over the other to begin with, which one would that be? The plan is to start slower, get the lower back a little stronger and slowly introduce additional stuff later.
Front split series, it address completely muscles that usually increase the lower back stress like psoas , iliacus, hamstring and lumbar muscles.
Thank you so much. I will throw in some QL walks, seal stretches and some posterior strengthening workouts on non stretch days. If you can think of any specific "strength" elements for the hip/lower back, please let me know.
if you get middle split you have to be especially dilligent with form when doing pancakes, etc. Otherwise you will put a lot of stress on your back and not on the correct muscles.
6 hours ago, John Koliopoulos said:if you get middle split you have to be especially dilligent with form when doing pancakes, etc. Otherwise you will put a lot of stress on your back and not on the correct muscles.
John-
Lesson learned the hard way! I had done the pancakes etc with terrible form before and paid the price. I had to stop iMS for a while because my lumbar area was sore all the time. I was rounding my upper back in an attempt to get deeper into the stretch which is what I beleivable put to much stress on the wrong muscles.
The dorm videos that were added recently are gold for me. I had to dial it back quite a bit after watching these videos.
Thanks for commenting.