This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Programming Oddity

Started by Travis Gordon, June 20, 2016 · 1 Replies · 200 Views

Travis Gordon

Aloha Cats and Kittens!

I am looking for feed back on programming change that I had to make. A little back story. I have a job that places an aggressive strain on my body. I deliver furniture. 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week. An average of 4,000lbs of furniture delivered each day and 80+ miles of driving in lovely LA streets and freeways. 

Due to these variables I have had to augment my programming. I have been working my GST 4 days a week with occasional add ins (kettlebells and various cardio work). My body of late has seen a beating and I am getting re-licenced as a massage therapist, so my time is a bit shorter. 

What I have done is I only do the scheduled programming 2/days a week. I go into the next week with the same schedule, but make it 4 days a week. I essential repeat the same programming week twice.
 

What I am asking is if anyone has approached the programming like this, and if there are any insights or feedback that the tribe as a whole can provide. 

One last thing. I am sure that some of you will ask for stills and vid of my work. I'll do my best. My training is ritualistic in nature. I tend to block out the outside world and focus heavy on what I am training for. 

Aloha to all and happy adventuring!

- Travis

Nicholas Murray

If you're retraining as a massage therapist, you're in for strains of a different kind.

My training varies week to week as well, as my hands & shoulders allow. Some weeks I'll do F7 twice, or a 3element/4element split, or sometimes 2 elements a day for a week (so only 1 training session in those weeks). It just depends on how sore my hands and shoulders are.You'll still make progress, just make sure you get enough rest. Some of my best sessions have been after a light week.