This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche

Started by Todor Todorov, June 20, 2016 · 3 Replies · 250 Views

Todor Todorov

Hello folks,

I am looking for help with "Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold". How to get into and hold the position, what are the prerequisites that I am missing, any tips and tricks to learn this exercise?

I've completed F1, and reached sPL/SE1. I can perform Frog stand without a problem. I am not sure where is my weakness -  the balancing or the strength.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

- Todor

 

Christian Nogueira

You should have mastered HBP/PE3 and make sure you have good scapular protraction and depression on the previous sPL progressions. Look in the F2 forum, there are quite a few topics discussing this iM at length.

Oussama KHELLADI

in will tell how i was able to do it i found two ways the first one a bent arm half or full straddle planche with the feet higher than the head position maybe you need some space in front of you so you can lower you head down and you manage to lower your legs slowly , the second one which i used is with half straddle and stick both feet so they form like a triangle shape and push each feet with the other one ,

 

also you need to focus on bending the elbow forward so you can make a balance 

Alessandro Mainente

Perform for 3-5 weeks on elevated pbars a simple bent arm tuck planche hold trying to build up at least 20'' hold.