This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE10 Form Check

Started by Petri Widsten, June 20, 2016 · 7 Replies · 147 Views

Petri Widsten

Something to improve? A bit more toe pointing probably.

Cole Dano

Now would be the time to really focus on those straight legs, toes pointed.

Beyond that legs a little higher and further to the side.

Petri Widsten

OK, thanks Cole, I'll shorten the sets to focus on those points

Petri Widsten

@Cole Dano

I tried to implement the improvements you mentioned. Is this better (my last set today)? I could have extended the toes more in the end but the legs look straight.

 

Cole Dano

Nice fixes Petri, this is good, maybe a little less swingy is all.

Petri Widsten

Good to know I'm getting into the swing of it...still need to tame my stubborn toes better. Thank you very much, Cole!

Petri Widsten

@Cole Dano

At the moment I'm training this on a power rack bar without back support. Tbh I don't find it easier (or harder) than the supported version but I have to focus a bit more on not swinging. In fact my legs can go a bit further back now until they hit the vertical bars of the rack so there's more twisting with the obliques. Do you think both versions are acceptable? Many other leg lift type exercises like MN PE7 are way easier with strong lats engagement but I don't feel that is a factor here - you're just holding on to the bar and turning side-to-side without vertical pulling.

Cole Dano

Yes that's fine for this element.