This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Serious trap issues locking up my neck

Started by Barry Johnston, June 20, 2016 · 0 Replies · 91 Views

Barry Johnston

Hi

I have some long standing issues in my traps, well just the left side to be specific.  I think it just comes from severe tightness and lack of mobility in the muscle.  Any time I do any kind of shoulder press in the gym (even with ridiculously light weights) I always lock my neck up and have pain down my left trap.

I'm working my way through F1 and the stretch series.  I'm struggling with a few of the moves in the Thoracic stretch due to lack of equipment but I'm doing as much as I can, but I feel I need to mobilize my traps more before I dig into this series.  I stupidly tied to pop up into a bridge and locked up my neck again :(

So my question here is can anyone point me in the direction of any more trap stretching exercises, they are in extremely bad shape and need some much needed TLC.  Do any of the Handstand series concentrate on deep stretching the traps???

 

Thanks

Barry