This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

If unable to complte reps in a set do I repeat the cycle for the following week or move on?

Started by Mike Hunt, June 20, 2016 · 1 Replies · 184 Views

Mike Hunt

So I am on week 3 of a 12 week training cycle, 3 days per week.

3 sets of 6.

But I find that my form suffers by the 5th or 6th rep on a few of the exercises.  Does that mean that on week 4 that I repeat the week 3 cycle? or do I go back to week 2? Or go on to week 5? 

It looks like week 4 is supposed to be a deload week anyway, so is it better to stick with week 3 until I can do it correctly or move on to week 4 and deload?

 

 

Coach Sommer

Hi Mike,

Try repeating step 3 for a few weeks.  If that does not address the issue, than drop down to step 1 and rebuild.

If that doesn't address the deficiency, then repost and we'll revisit alternate programming.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer