My sucky ring swings...

Started by Seiji, November 25, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,961 Views

Seiji

I can get to parallel in the forward part of my swing, but the back half is about 45 degrees.

Are there any general tips on how to improve this?

Blairbob

From the peak of the front swing, let your body drop down and kick through the bottom. Push the rings out forward and then to the sides with chin to chest.

Constant tension on the rings, jerking at the bottom isn't fun. Video would help more.

Seiji

I must be going about the front swing wrong too then... I usually get into a front lever.

I need more leg involvement then. Thanks :D

Gregor

Video!!!!!!

If you get only to the front, the whole swing is wrong, not just the front part of the swing....

Blairbob

Seiji, if your front swing looks like a front lever, something is amiss. You should have your ears covered by your arms, pulling the rings back behind you and out. Your hip should be higher than your shoulders and your toes higher than those.

If it does look like a FL, it means you are muscling your body up by engaging your lats like a FL.

Think of it looking like a vertical body lever with straight arms holding those parallel bar bases.