RLL Wall HS

Started by Erik Sjolin, November 24, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,508 Views

Erik Sjolin

Being quite tall and lanky, I expected to have a bit of trouble with this particular skill, but as of right now it's nigh impossible with perfect form (unless I press my head against the wall). I was wondering if there were any intermediary steps I could take to build up from a RLL headstand (with 5 lbs on ankles) to this? My thoughts were to either bring my legs into a tuck and straighten above me to decrease the lever (which I still can't do), or to practice negatives until I can lower my legs slowly and hold them a few inches off the ground.

Are these worthwhile things to be practicing, or is it a matter of persistance?

Neal Winkler

Work up to more weight on the ankles, perhaps.

Seiji

What's an RLL HS?

Blairbob

ReverseLegLift

Do it in a bent arm HS. Not as easy as it sounds.

jl5555

Are your RLL headstands against a wall or freestanding? If still against a wall then move to freestanding. If you're doing the HeS freestanding and you're still using your hands for support then try to practice with your forearms for support. Clasp your hands behind your head and balance on head and forearms. Smaller base of the tripod means more reliance on balance and pelvis/core to raise the legs.

Maybe also try some of Ido's gatherings:

scZCFRxJFs4

And advanced:

8oiXVBXUMG4

Nick Van Bockxmeer

those advanced gatherings look awesome, will definitely use them when I can balance my HS a bit better.