This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Feet position during Plank sPL/PE3

Started by Felix Schreiter, June 15, 2016 · 1 Replies · 93 Views

Felix Schreiter

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the Plank. In the recently added instruction video with Weasley the lady rests on her feet with toes pointing backwards, while in the old video the guy rests on his arched foot. I wonder how the two versions compare? My guess is that feet pointing backwards engages the legs and core slightly more, but I wonder what the theory is behind that detail. 

I already mastered the Plank 5x60s with arched feet, and would like to know if it is worth remastering it with the new feet position. My push ups are a bit behind my plank sPL work, so I though of revisiting the plank. 

By the way the videos with Weasley are awesome! I am just rewatching all the elements taking notes and there are a lot of great cues that I did not pick up on before.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

 

Best,

Felix

Mark Collins

The positions in Foundation one videos are the gold standard. You will get to rest on the top of the toes with planche leans.