This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deck Squats and Balance

Started by Philip Bedwell, June 15, 2016 · 2 Replies · 104 Views

Philip Bedwell

This was my first attempt at deck squats.

 

I've completed the required amount of reps but I found towards the last sets I was stumbling a bit as I came to standing position.  As per the instructions I wasn't over rotating my knees towards my head.  I have had hip mobility issues in the past but I found the skiers okay and kept balance too. 

 

Should I stay at this level or move up to the next?

Julia Quigley

I'd do the last four weeks of the cycle to solidify the skill and get rid of the wobbles. You could post a form check and get some targeted feedback for things to work on over the next 4 weeks.

Also, so much of what we're doing is preparing our joints and ligaments, which take much longer to adapt than muscles do. Spending extra time on an element is really doing yourself a favor. 

Samin Ishtiaq

I've had that; I've been too tired by the last set, and stumble on it a bit. It was tiredness, fatigue (mental, not just physical) from the reps.

One advice someone gave on the forum was: you have Mastery if you have enough gas left to do *one* more set. If you think you can, move on to the next level. But I would redo the Block to make sure.