This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

For RC...where are you guys getting the rings?

Started by Andrew Wilkinson, June 15, 2016 · 5 Replies · 187 Views

Andrew Wilkinson

I guess I am the odd bird out as unlike most people here it seems I don't have gymnastic rings hanging from my ceiling or in my house.  Where are you guys getting yours and how do you install them correctly so you don't rip part of the ceiling out?  If not using true gymnastic rings how can I substitute.

Kevin Jacobson

Amazon "Gymnastic Rings" will give you lots of options.   Choose wood or plastic rings and you're good to go. 

I"m hangin em from a power rack.

Jon Douglas

Bought from a local sports store common in Australia. Prefer the feeling of the wodd but think the plastic is stronger :)

Cole Dano

Actually, wood is stronger. It's down side is easier to dent, and can possibly delaminate.

Plastic can shatter on drop impact, if it's old or had a lot of UV exposure.

But it's really a non-issue for normal use, pick the option that suits your budget and preference.

 

Samin Ishtiaq

I got mine from wolverson fitness in the UK. Mine are hung outside, on a lifting/pullup rig. But you can hang them from trees or a pullup bar fixed to an outside wall.

William Marler

re: where to hang; we have a small gym at work, and the ceiling is open, exposing an I-beam. So the rings I use hang from a chain on some I-beam clamps. Before that, I used a power rack. If you have one of those pull-up bars that's offset from a wall that can work too, if your offset is high enough. Doorway chin-up bars can work in a pinch, but not so well for RC/PE1.