This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS PE2 Form Check

Started by Ryan Bailey, June 14, 2016 · 5 Replies · 109 Views

Ryan Bailey

Any advice for this?

Thanks,

Ryan

Douglas Wadle

Hey Ryan,  I'm no expert here on the press handstand stuff, but it looks pretty good to me.  You're getting some good scap elevation and upper trap activation, and ROM looks decent.

Ryan Bailey

Hey Doug, thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

Mark Schoenhard

Nice work.  Keeping the knees locked when walking back will help keep trap activation throughout the movement.

Jon Douglas

Lock the knees of course :)

Keep good protraction throughout, and try not to hunch over the back. You want the hips over your hands ideally, not a few inches back and make.up.the distance with your lower back flexibility. This is an error I have made that had me spinnin my wheels on press HS for too long.

Basically you start with a wide angle V and close it. The arms of the V should not bend in the process ;)

Ryan Bailey
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:37 PM, Jon Douglas said:

You want the hips over your hands ideally, not a few inches back and make.up.the distance with your lower back flexibility

Thanks for the good feedback everyone.  Crappy work with my knees, I don't know what I was thinking.  Got outta bed that same night after your feedback and practiced another half hour.  So, basically you are saying at the end of this movement, I need to have hands, shoulders, and hips stacked as in a handstand position.  Then my legs should be straight, angled like a V down to the ground?   Damn... this stuff is hard.