This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 Mastery Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, June 14, 2016 · 8 Replies · 133 Views

Josh Shaw

I did 5 sets, these were the last 2 sets to show different angles and timing from set to set.  I appreciate any feedback.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Pe is good, wwwhile your shoulders flexion is very very good! nicely done. what about grip? shoulders width? 

Josh Shaw

I took a snapshot holding the bar in front of my shoulders with my usual grip.  I was expecting my thumbs to be even with the outside edge of my shoulders, but it looks like I'm a bit wider than that.  I was planning on doing another 3 week block to try to get a bit more flexion, so I'll also work on bringing my hands in a bit more as well.

 

Screenshot_2016-06-19-21-56-37_zpsohj8t4

Josh Shaw

Brought my grip in so the inside of my hands is even with the outside of my shoulders, still getting about the same amount of flexion.  

 

Screenshot_2016-06-25-23-59-27_zpsbxac9a

Screenshot_2016-06-25-23-59-43_zpsu34ybc

Alessandro Mainente

Are your arms locked completely?

Josh Shaw
On 6/26/2016 at 5:58 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Are your arms locked completely?

As much as they can.  My elbows don't quite straighten all the way.

Alessandro Mainente

OK, that's strange but I have a couple of clients with the same problem. did you ever check if it is a bones problem or simply a soft tissue local problem?

Josh Shaw
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

OK, that's strange but I have a couple of clients with the same problem. did you ever check if it is a bones problem or simply a soft tissue local problem?

No I haven't.  I've always just assumed it's just another mobility issue that will improve as I go along.  I do think it has gotten a little bit better since I started GST.

Alessandro Mainente

I think that will the following IM's you can easily feel tension in the biceps if the limitation is here.