This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Different opinions on a post

Started by Alessandro Mainente, June 14, 2016 · 5 Replies · 37 Views

Alessandro Mainente

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/25190-will-freehandstand-pushup-make-my-progression-for-hspe-2-im/#comment-216036

I would like to have  a personal pov from all the moderators so that we can't give different opinions on the same post, simply because it is not acceptable.

Personally I do not agree completely with Mark suggestion due to my personal experience  and tons of clients limitations. Working on HBP elements that requires a free aligned hs in between reps (as a rest position) without a good handstand will strongly reduce the progress over more different elements. Usually here I suggest to spend more time on handstand refinement and mobility rather then progress independently on H1 and HBP.

This is one of the clear point where foundations need the co-requisite of H1.

I think that for a team the first thing is that we need to agree on the fundamentals of GST.

 

cheers

alex

Cole Dano

I agree, that we don't want to be disagreeing with each other on the forums. That's one reason I tend to like one mod per form check, we're all going to have slightly different POV's.

Personally I see a guy making his 2nd post and saying he's doing HeSPU, I want to know more about him, how has he followed the GB programs etc....

Mark Collins

I should have made the post clearer. I would not expect he could progress further in HBP without adequate alignment between sets. I think that the each program has self limiting components built into it. I am wondering how he got past Russian L-sit dips without adequate shoulder extension.

I think disagreement can be healthy as it can be a learning process. However if two moderators are disagreeing on the forum it could look bad. Maybe we could message each other or place a post in this sub forum to discuss why we have written a post with a particular view point.

Alessandro Mainente

Absolutely, i think that if the guy of the discussion didn't post any video for check....there is a reason.

Cole Dano

Messaging is good, in any case I think it's good if we're communicating amongst each other. If just to keep the team sprit up.

 

Coach Sommer

I agree with Zach.  If the student won't post video for review and confirmation of his alleged proficiency, no need to engage in a philosphical discussion with him.