I paid 107 AUD for fundamentals course and theres not a single workout amongst it so far. I understand we have to build up joint mobility slowly and it takes time, but wheres the value in showing me how to bend my wrists as an entire days workout? what else am i supposed to do?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Fundamentals and Structured Workouts
Started by Tyson Brown, June 14, 2016 · 14 Replies · 649 Views
It certainly eases into it, which is by design. It is exxy by downunder standards, but I believe the value is there, and becomes apparent a couple of weeks in. These guys know their stuff, I'd say give it another couple of weeks, and if you are seriously disappointed then look to their 1 month money back guarantee.
Remember you are in the 'Fundamental' course. Once you have completed this entry level course we go to Foundation 1,2,3,4 and the Handstand Series. After that the Movement Courses and Rings! Coach Sommer has done this by design by scaling the workouts so everyone has a starting point. Be patient it will pay off in the long run. All that wrist work will come in handy later.
Tyson,
The Fundamental course I found as both too easy and very challenging at times. For me it was totally worth the money as it got me excited and motivated to progress to Foundation 1 training. As I found these exercises help focus on movements I have ignored basically my whole life. As such, my body seems to be appreciating it as I feel great after a workout.
For better or worse, every day in Fundamentals I do the prescribed daily exercise and then repeat all prior day actives, so as the course progresses I did Crab/Ape each day for 24-days.
Coach also has been very forth coming in his Money Back Guarantee. He seems like he genuinely wants you to find value and enjoy GST. If this isn't the thing for you that's fine...
Good luck whichever way you go.
I feel similarly, so far (three days in) the only area I've noticed stiffness in is my ankles.
I'm feeling quite confused to what I'm supposed to take from this course. Maybe it will show in a couple days, I'll keep going and see what happens.
I agree they know their stuff thats how i ended up here from listening to the tim ferris podcast. But every day it says stay tuned for tomorrows workout when in reality i haven't been given a single workout yet! today was the lizard. Im just disappointed in the level of content when i could go on youtube and get way more for nothing atleast would be nice to have double the content each day, ATLEAST!
Tyson, you are not going to get structured workouts out of the Fundamental program, it is a gentle introduction. You are getting a selection of exercises which is most likely better thought, put together and explained than what you would get by yourself on youtube. And some nice explanations of fundamental positions which form the basis of all subsequent work.
If you want, you can try and expand the weekly summaries into workouts by increasing the number of reps and the hold/practice times. At some point you'll get a daily limber routine which is a bit longer, but still more of a warm up than a workout.
Still, you may find that this does not provide enough value for money for you, in the end it is a personal decision. In that case you can ask for a refund, and start instead with Foundation 1, which will give you very structured workouts with programmed sets, reps, progressions and mastery goals. Actually I would advise you to get Foundations one within the 30 days in which you can ask a refund for Fundamentals, and decide wether you'd like to keep Fundamentals to help you getting into Foundations, or if you are fine with Foundations alone. Just be aware that, as far as I know (I am a normal user, not a staff member), you can ask for a refund only once
Foundations has a steeper learning curve but many have started there - myself included. I decided to nevertheless buy Fundamentals and I am finding it useful. It is not absolutely necessary, especially since I have already gone through the initial learning process for Foundations, but I am happy to keep it, especially for the Coach's approved warm up routine.
Ok, small update from my part.
im now on block two lesson 4 and I'm starting to feel the value as I get more and more exercises to use.
I'm starting to understand my body more and where I'm tight.
Fundamentals prepares you for foundation work, where the real work begins.
And it does it by
1)providing you with the right informations and basic language of GST
2) gently preparing the body to the more demanding work of later programs
3) making you aware of any mobility deficit you could have
I think that if you are new to GST (like I am / was) this is a ton of value.
This is my humble opinion, based on experience.
I'm one of those that started foundation when fundamentals wasn't available and struggled on the forum to understand what fundamentals teaches you in 24 days.
I bought fundamentals after foundation so I see the value it offers to a beginner.
I realized that I spent hours to learn the hard way reading on the forum what fundamentals teaches you in 10 min lessons x 24 days.
Morning guys,
LOL. Such impatience.
Did everyone miss the part of the podcast where I went over that it took years for you to damage your body and it is going to take some time to repair it? And how exactly are we going to begin repairing your body if we don't first engage in diagnostics, learn basics and also some common terms of reference?
I assume now that as you get deeper into Fundamentals everyone is beginning to understand that there is a method to my madness? ![]()
Remember, if you were already a high level coach you wouldn't need me.
Yes, it can be confusing at first. Yes, it can also be frustrating; especially as you have been pre-programmed from years of 'feel the burn' and 'no pain, no gain' that if you are not dying during a workout, you are not making progress.
Intensity will come later. Although probably sooner that you would like. Relax, trust the process and enjoy the training.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
On 22 June, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Coach Sommer said:Morning guys,
LOL. Such impatience.
Did everyone miss the part of the podcast where I went over that it took years for you to damage your body and it is going to take some time to repair it? And how exactly are we going to begin repairing your body if we don't first engage in diagnostics, learn basics and also some common terms of reference?
I assume now that as you get deeper into Fundamentals everyone is beginning to understand that there is a method to my madness?
Remember, if you were already a high level coach you wouldn't need me.
Yes, it can be confusing at first. Yes, it can also be frustrating; especially as you have been pre-programmed from years of 'feel the burn' and 'no pain, no gain' that if you are not dying during a workout, you are not making progress.
Intensity will come later. Although probably sooner that you would like. Relax, trust the process and enjoy the training.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Reminds me of Mr. Miyagi and the Karate Kid! lol "wax on, wax off"... Seemed like a waste of time in the beginning because our human nature wants more instantly and lacks patience. In the end, the Karate Kid's diligence paid off and he finally realised there was a purpose to the subtle details in his training.
Tyson, if you're really that dissatisfied and just cant't find it in yourself to follow the program, ask for the refund. I believe you'll be doing yourself a disservice, but that's your choice. Don't back out of the GB program all together until you've tried Foundations. Some people really need Fundamentals because they have exactly no idea where to start. Some may think it's too basic. That's ok. I personally have been doing Foundations for over a year and purchased Fundamentals just this week because I wanted the extra tools in my belt (and because I wanted to own this official training that wasn't available when I started). Maybe one day I will forget something and need to refer back to Fundamentals and there it will be. That's how I see it.
Intensity is definitely on it's way. If you do things correctly, you will probably be repeating many cycles before moving forward but that's just the nature of the beast. Endure and respect your shortcomings, you will appreciate it later. I wish you and everyone the best in your training. Enjoy ![]()
I can relate to Tyson. So a short statement from me. I came because of a Ferris Podcast Sponsorship and have years of soccer and weight training on my back. At the beginning i also wondered whether fundamentals was worth the money - and i have to admit that for me it feels like the most expensive program. But still i wouldn´t want my money back - it is a beginning of a journey though a great program. In the meantime i added F1, then the stretches and just today the HS course. In the past i always had some injuries or a tense neck. My body already changed in the few weeks on the program so much to the better - i am completely pain free and my body feels so easy and so good - i only regret not having started earlier! And i can only recommend starting the stretch series as early as possible - they make progress and regeneration way easier. Anyways - even the price is high - it is worth the money - keep up the great work! The only thing that needs improvement (and i heard you already work on it) is the streaming quality/reliability - i have never been able to follow coach summer through a stretch video without the streaming suddenly stopping which is a annoying interruption. The same happens on the F1 Pro Couch Videos. But the structure of the program is simply awesome as is the great feedback on the form checks forum! Thank You GB-Team!
I always find it amusing when people talk about how 'expensive' the GB courses are.
My own athletes each paid approx $450 per month for 8-12 years for the privilege of training with me. And you guys get access to that same knowledge for a fraction of the cost.
If you want a porsche, you must pay for a porsche.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
On August 2, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Coach Sommer said:I always find it amusing when people talk about how 'expensive' the GB courses are.
My own athletes each paid approx $450 per month for 8-12 years for the privilege of training with me. And you guys get access to that same knowledge for a fraction of the cost.
If you want a porsche, you must pay for a porsche.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Clearly, some purchasers wanted a used Porsche, @Coach Sommer , lol. I mean the one-time payment and the quality of progressions is pretty damned thought out. You eventually end up paying nothing, because if you figure each workout costs x dollars, the more you workout, the less and less the initial fee ends up costing. But I guess that's not good enough, or perhaps people haven't come to their senses.
Cmon guys the price it is nothing if you add the enormous quality and quantity information and support provided in the forum every single day. this is much more that what people expect from an online course.