This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2 Form Check

Started by Cameron Williams, June 14, 2016 · 6 Replies · 110 Views

Cameron Williams

In comparing this with the course video it seems like the amplitude of my rock isn't enough... 

Anything else to note?

Thanks in advance,

Cam

Cole Dano

The amplitude is fine, but you are pumping from the knees. 

'Pull' yourself up from the core only and 'relax' back.

Cameron Williams

Thanks very much!

Will work on that and repost soon.

Petri Widsten
On 14/06/2016 at 8:26 AM, Cole Dano said:

 

'Pull' yourself up from the core only and 'relax' back.

I've been pushing up/forward toward my feet (like doing a mini crunch) with my core and relaxing back - so the exact opposite of Cole's advice (and the results haven't been anything to write home about, as we've established several times). Can the rocks ever work that way?

Cole Dano

Petri, that's not the opposite at all. That's exactly what I mean. Since the head goes up, I say "pull up". It feels like pulling to me not pushing, but really it's all semantics.

Can't speak for your results though :(

Petri Widsten

Yes, just semantics, Cole. At least I was trying to do them the right way.

Sorry for hijacking, Cam. I'll crawl back to my own mile-long FL/PE2 thread... 

Cameron Williams

Is this any better?