This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H1 Frequency: wrist PE vs Handstand PE

Started by Chris Maudlin, June 13, 2016 · 1 Replies · 134 Views

Chris Maudlin

I recently started F1, stretch series, and H1. When I do H1 2-3x/wk I notice my wrists are still a bit tight, although still progressing. Is it best to base the frequency based on how the wrists feel or based on progression? I'm worried my wrist strength increase is faster than the tendons/ligaments, which is why they feel tight.

I was thinking of doing the full H1 workout once per week, while doing additional Handstand balance days. Alternatively, I could continue pushing through with the more frequent wrist PEs, as long as it isn't doing more harm than good to the wrists. 

Kevin Herring

I would try doing (gently) the wrist stretches (WRS #1-#4) daily.  Maybe even twice a day.  I'm trying an evening limbering at this point in my training to help with recovery.  Limbering is not as intense as the stretching.   Just getting blood circulating and getting the muscles to relax.