This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Does anybody have a good warmup for Rotator cuff?

Started by Kevin Jacobson, June 13, 2016 · 4 Replies · 190 Views

Kevin Jacobson

I am having trouble progressing because of a mild pain in one of my shoulders.  Never felt a pain in my shoulder joint until F1 program.  I do feel some chronic mild pain in upper back / scapular area since starting F1.  Very mild but always a little sore when I move my Scapula around. 

First felt shoulder pinch when I was doing HBP PE1 7 weeks in, and a bit during RC -PE1 since returning from rest.  I took 2-3 weeks off until all signs of pain went away, and I'm getting mild irritation from the 4 day split.  I'm not warming up shoulders besides the routine. 

 

Does anybody have a good series to warm up and prepare my shoulder joints prior to starting a session.  My background is primarily weightlifting, and I know how to prep for that, but the bodyweight training is new concept to me and I'm moving my body in different ways with GST. 

Thanks

Cole Dano

Kevin, if you can post a form check for both of the offending elements.

HBP PE1, in particular, causing issues is very unusual, so seeing what's going on would help.

 

Ryan Bailey

Tons of options:

10 min full body sweat (Jog, row machine, whatever feels good)

Wrist to spine movements followed by stretch: 

All pain free.

1) Wrist rotation/stretch

2) Shoulder rotations/stretch (with stall bar or bands for light stretch)

3) Movement Scap shrugs/cat cow, Stretch inverted cat, A/T/Y's. 

4) Table rocks then shoulder ext stretch.

 1 minute perfect technique practice of HEP PE1, again no pain.

Begin.

(If you still have pain, plus considering the previous 3 weeks off do to pain, likely means you should get it checked out by medical professional.)

Edit,

I was thinking out loud here as I am preparing for my HBP day in regards to warm up. Of course listen to the Coach's recommendations or any Fundamental course advice regarding warm up. 

Kevin Jacobson

Thanks Ryan,

It's not a type of pain I'd see a doctor for.  I could ditch GST, and likely never feel this pain again doing other things.  I've already found great benefits in my lower body using this program though - so trying to find ways to continue program without scrapping upper body part of this program. 

 

Ryan Bailey

Your welcome

 I would follow Cole's form check recommendation. They are very helpful.