Increasing rotation ROM

Started by Anders Löfgren, June 12, 2016 · 4 Replies · 1,887 Views

Anders Löfgren

I am having problems with my rotational range of movement. I go to breakdance together with my kids and there are a lot of rather basic moves that I can't do. Like Baby Freeze, where you put right elbow on the outside of the left thigh. I can't reach the thigh. 

 

Anybody who has experience of increasing rotational ROM or any advice for excercises?

I am 42 with rather poor mobility. Doing F1/H1 and the stretch series, which address some rotation, but I would like to put some extra focus on this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Alessandro Mainente

Deficit on external rotation is basically a subscapularis problem, pectoralis major and minor. shoulders extension protocol of the thoracic stretch series with a particular focus on the external rotation is suggested. for example a basic table position that you can see of F1 and also on shoulders stretch series is very useful, try to focus on:

-retraction

-depression

-upper arm external rotation

Anders Löfgren
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Deficit on external rotation is basically a subscapularis problem, pectoralis major and minor. shoulders extension protocol of the thoracic stretch series with a particular focus on the external rotation is suggested. for example a basic table position that you can see of F1 and also on shoulders stretch series is very useful, try to focus on:

-retraction

-depression

-upper arm external rotation

Thank you for your reply and advice. I will continue work on the stretch series. Can i ask what you mean with "retraction"?

Alessandro Mainente

Move the shoulder blades closer.

Anders Löfgren

Thank you, Alessandro!