This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can one limit movements in training, to achieve a result faster?

Started by Anthony Del Balso, June 11, 2016 · 2 Replies · 165 Views

Anthony Del Balso

From what I see F1 is designed to focus on all the elements at the same time.

From the sample templates, I noticed the 5 days a week schedule works some elements 3 days a week, and others 2 days a week. This led me to wonder if I can get an element down faster, if I trained just one element, instead of the whole set. The idea is I'd love to have a skill down I can demonstrate to show progress earlier.

Is this possible or recommended? Or discouraged? and why?

Cory Fair

All elements are required to be trained together. The purpose of the Foundation Series is not to speed towards the end goal but rather to meticulously exposes and fix your weak areas. Students who master basics the most thoroughly are always the ones who advance far ahead of the students who did not take the basics seriously.

Garrick Sevilla

Training just one element at a time will hinder your progress.  The longer I have trained Foundation, the more I have come to understand the overlap (oftentimes significant) between the strength and mobility required to properly perform each element.  The elements are internally reinforcing.