This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2 Pike 2 Squat

Started by Juan Carlos Lopez 203012, June 11, 2016 · 1 Replies · 214 Views

Juan Carlos Lopez 203012

Hello,

I just started front splits stretch, and I have a question about 2 Pike 2 Squats concerning the knees. I can drop almost ass to grass if I separate my knees, though I do keep my feet together. This allows me to keep the heels firmly grounded. On the video though, I see the guy lifting his heels and keeping the knees together; my range is much less, just below parallel if I do it this way.

As the cues state that we should try to press the heel firmly into the ground, I'm inclined to think opening up the knees is better. But I would like to confirm that it is in fact the objective as opposed to a reduced ROM that keeps my legs together.

 

Coach Sommer

Hi Juan,

Good eye.  Yes, keep the knees together.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer