This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My current weekly diet

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, June 11, 2016 · 7 Replies · 196 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi Guys!

I would like to share with you how my diet is planned during the whole week. I think this could be a good idea, in order to check if I'm acting in the right way. Of course, it is still a work in progress, but it's getting better and better.

Here's a summary.

Immagine.png

A few notes:

1. breakfast: I alternate between greek yoghurt + wallnuts and eggs day by day. I finally said goodbye to carbs, however I may add other options (e.g. cured meat? unluckily I really hate cheese, and I can't take smoked salmon taste as I wake up :wacko:)

2. Starches: firstly, note that I have lunch at my workplace canteen (expect wekend);

I'm in Italy, so as starches the choices are only between pasta and white rice. Since that I aim to avoid refined grains as much as possible, my best option is pretty much always white rice. Only on thursday I can choose roasted white potatoes.  Since that I eat pretty much always white rice on lunch, my options for dinner as starches basically are white & sweet potatoes , and squash soup.

3. Veggies:

for lunch,  I eat a mixed salad with only raw seasonal vegetables (e.g. currently it is a mix of lettuce, radicchio, carrots, fennels, and peppers). In the weekend I add other stuffs, like onion, spinach.. I don't like so much raw tomatoes but this could another good option.

for dinner, I eat always cooked veggies. My choices are between spinaches, asparagus, green beans. Once a week I have a vegetable soup, or stir fried mix veggies.

My thought is that I should aim to add some other options... for dinner it is more feasible, since I eat at home... I think that a great option would be broccoli, and cauliflowers (I hate them, but I know about their benefits).

4. Meat  & seafood (lunch/dinner): I usually eat 3-4 times a week fresh seafood. Codfish, sea bream/sea-brass and salmon are my favourite choices. Basically I eat meat everyday! Beef, Poultry, rabbit, pork are my favourite.

5. Cheat meals: On saturday/sunday dinner I eat pizza. 2 consecutive evenings a week maybe are too much... I aim to avoid pizza on Sunday. I also have pasta on Sunday lunch (this is a must for my italian family, at least once a week all together  :D).

6. I'm affected by favism, so I tend to avoid all kind of legumes (fava beans for sure) , even though I liked them... too bad.

I know, it's still not a perfect plan, but how do you judge it? If you have some tips, in order to improve I will appreciate that!

Thank you!!

Alessandro

 

 

 

Philip Papandrea

Looks good to me. The only thing technically not thrive compliant is the one Saturday dinner meal. Don't think it will kill you cause you are eating good all week. Sunday's are open so enjoy what you want. Variety is always good when possible for foods but you seem like you have some good options at the moment. That's the great thing about Thrive, it already gives you the perfect plan. You just have to follow it. It seems like you pretty much are. 

Jeff Serven

An Italian that doesn't like cheese!? 

Your chart looks great, I really like it. As for your breakfast I think you have it dialed. Don't worry about the salmon.

good stuff, good drill for everyone to do. Analyzing your last week can be great at increasing your effiency as well as making it more difficult to lie to yourself 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
42 minutes ago, Jeff Serven said:

An Italian that doesn't like cheese!? 

Your chart looks great, I really like it. As for your breakfast I think you have it dialed. Don't worry about the salmon.

good stuff, good drill for everyone to do. Analyzing your last week can be great at increasing your effiency as well as making it more difficult to lie to yourself 

Eheh, what can I say? I am a national shame in this sense :D. I am half Greek as well, and after the yoghurt, now I aim to add feta on my diet! I think I can give a try! 

I forgot to add that in the afternoon, before my workout ,  I eat some seasonal fruits: currently I'm in love with cherries and apricots.

Good to know that my chart looks fine! Now I feel satisfied after each meal, and There is still some room to improve!

Thank you Jeff! Thank you guys!

 

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys! Here's an update about my weekly diet: basically I tried to add a bit more of  variety, especially in these days of vacation where I'm out of office :)...

Immagine.jpg

As you can see I restricted my cheat meals only at saturday evening. And as an italian guy, now I can avoid pasta pretty well: I would never imagined that before! 

I also added a few varities of potatoes, (I mentioned purple, red and yellow, I eat also white type).

For breakfast I usually eat 3 eggs (sunny side-up). I tried to add something different like cottage cheese, but actually I can mix with pleasure only between eggs and yoghurt. Milk is always from cows, maybe I could have from other animal sources as well (e.g. goat).

my current  daily mixed salad is about different kinds of leaves/lettuces/radicchio, plus I add a bit of peppers (red, yellow, and/or green), tomatoes, carrots, onions and fennels. Yeah, it is a big dish, but it is a great result for me (before thrive I used to avoid veggies)!

If you see I can improve somewhere let me know! any comment will be appreciated!

Thank to all!

Alessandro

Jeff Serven

I could eat Pizza Rossa every Saturday night. 

Good job on this post, good info for others to use! 

Julien Le Nestour

@Alessandro Di Sanzo Impressive! Only thing I would look into is maybe dropping the swordfish as it has very high mercury levels (google fish mercury levels) :-)

Alessandro Di Sanzo

@Julien Le Nestour you are right about swordfish! I've never take care about mercury levels. Well, I could have different fishes, like rainbow trout, I like it very much! :D Thanks for your feedback!

Alessandro