This week the workout scheduler assigned Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and I was unable to workout Thursday. If there a way to change the days the workout scheduler so that it schedules Friday and Saturday instead of Thursday and Friday?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Michael Weber, June 10, 2016 · 10 Replies · 348 Views
This week the workout scheduler assigned Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and I was unable to workout Thursday. If there a way to change the days the workout scheduler so that it schedules Friday and Saturday instead of Thursday and Friday?
What I do in this case is to just workout on Friday, but log as it was still Thursday. What's important is that you either get all your workouts in by Sunday night or you mark what you missed as not attempted.
For example, I usually workout Monday to Friday, but last week I was out for the long weekend until Monday night, so I worked out Tuesday to Saturday, but didn't change the scheduler at all.
My experience has been that, if this happens occasionally, then that's ok, but if missing workouts becomes a frequent thing, that means that your plan is too ambitious versus your other day to day commitments.
To make manual changes, you have to use the advanced scheduler. The basic scheduler automatically use the preset schedule templates when the program was initially designed.
I'm having the same type of issues. I chose the three day schedule which put me on M,W,F. I'd like to set it up for M,T,R but when I use the advanced scheduler, it tells me I can't make changes to the week. I've read everything I can, and it's still not really making sense. I figured I could change my schedule today, but no luck. What day of the week can I change the weekly schedule and how long of a window do I have to do it?
Wait until your newest workout schedule comes out and make the changes before you start your workouts. If you want to make changes after you have logged and saved the day's workout, you need to send a message to the Help desk.
Hi all. I thought I'd piggy-back on this thread rather than starting another, as it is a similar question. Does anyone know how to change the days the Workout Scheduler picks if you are in a deload week?
My specific example is that I am now at the start of my deload week. It has copied across last week's schedule, which is F1 on a 4 day split, Monday-Thursday. But I've since picked up the Stretch series and H1 as well. So what I wanted to do was take the three F1 exercises on Tuesday and add them to the four on Monday, and add Thursday's three to Wednesday's four. Effectively turning an F1 4 day split into an F7 2 day routine, though still on deload. With the time freed up, I can then add in my first H1 workouts and the Stretch series.
However, the Workout Scheduler doesn't seem to let me do this easily. It has given me last week's schedule x 50% (which I understand), but when I try to manually amend the workouts none of the options I can pick correspond to what has been selected for me. The three deload options I can use for a given exercise give me either too little or too much, because they correspond to deloads of Step 3, Step 6 or Step 9 (the weeks immediately prior to them). Whereas my personal deloads have been calculated based on the steps I have reached, which don't match up with these. Example: I am set to do SL/PE1 4x12r, a deload of Step 7. Deloads I can manually select when trying to add that exercise to my schedule are either 3x6r, 5x9r or 5x15.
Hopefully this makes sense, and I was looking for a way to just tweak the scheduler in line with the above. A 'Copy/Move' button when amending a routine manually would be a godsend in this respect, as at the moment it seems things have to be manually added to a given day, and then deleted somewhere else if you want to make a change. 'Copy/Move Thursday's exercises to Monday' would be a great shortcut.
If the tool just doesn't work this way I can of course work round it (doing an F7 workout today, but logging it as the split in the Workout Scheduler today and tomorrow). Alternatively I may be told that adding H1 and the Stretches to my deload week is not a wise move, in which case I can of course just get through this week and then deal with it at the start of next week. But I thought the general point would still be useful to know.
Thanks all for any tips.
Hi Duncan,
A copy-paste feature is in the works. Regarding the discrepancy in deload, that is being looked at and resolved right now.
Hi guys,
First and foremost, the newly discovered bug is currently being corrected.
Second, you guys need to STOP constantly changing your workouts. How in the world is your body supposed to begin adapting to your training when there is no consistent training to adapt to?
Also, life does not get in the way constantly. If it happens occasionally, then this is totally fine. But if it is a regular occurrence in your life, you are not disciplined enough with your workouts.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
15 minutes ago, Coach Sommer said:Hi guys,
First and foremost, the newly discovered bug is currently being corrected.
Second, you guys need to STOP constantly changing your workouts. How in the world is your body supposed to begin adapting to your training when there is no consistent training to adapt to?
Also, life does not get in the way constantly. If it happens occasionally, then this is totally fine. But if it is a regular occurrence in your life, you are not disciplined enough with your workouts.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
For me, it's only a regular occurrence because my work week follows an 8 day cycle, and the scheduler follows a 7 day cycle. I have to change it up every week, and I'm ok with that. Shift work places it's own demands on rest and recovery as well. The number of folks around the world that now work a single 9-5 job is getting less and less.
However even given the linked study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2784228/ I am finding that since starting GST I am sleeping better, and generally feeling better during night shifts. I have more energy. It is 9:45 am here now, and I have just got home from a 14 hour shift. I'll be going to bed soon and rising around 1pm, when I will do SL, MN, and SLS PE1s. Tomorrow I will be at work or commuting from 0630 to 2100, and the same the following day, I won't even try to kid myself that I'll do a workout on those two days.
Also, given the findings in the linked article, I am determined to make this work. I'm certainly finding it helpful thus far. The cut and paste function should be a great help in scheduling.
Cheers
Thanks Cory, and to Coach. I didn't even realise it was a bug, so thanks for fixing it.
I am totally on board with the consistent approach. As I'm just a couple of weeks in to my GST journey I'm still tinkering around a bit to find the routine that fits best with my schedule. Once I've got it dialled in I will stick to it.
Guys:
First an intro: I'm 61 years old and just over 6 months out from some extensive back surgery. Plenty of other dings, too, from the last 15 years of weights and kettlebells (last two years). To paraphrase Coach Sommers: it's not that I'm too old to start, it's that I'm too old not to start. I'm 8 weeks into F1/H1 + the stretch series and lovin' it. This is the most comprehensive, well thought out program I've been lucky enough to work with. Kudos to the team and the whole wonderful community.
I second the request for a copy and paste function, although it is only currently applicable for deload weeks if you are not on Step 3,6, or 9 when your deload week rolls around. This issue came up for me in H1. And, it is the result of another issue I'd like to bring to your attention. I am currently on an F4/3 split 3 days a week with a stretch session after the Foundation work. I have been including H1 on my F3 days. Since I started with a week on which F3 was on a Wednesday, the scheduler always sets up my weeks with H1 on Wednesday. Thus, on weeks I have to two F3 sessions, I have been manually making the change to put H1 on my F3 days (Monday and Friday). No problem with that. However, I can't do that on a deload week as in Duncan's post. Since the problem only arises on deload weeks, I could just do H1 on that Wednesday only...it is deload after all.
Would it be possible to have the scheduler tie F1 and H1 together in some way so that it is possible to schedule an ABA BAB scheme with A=F4 and B=F3+H1?
Thanks in advance,
Mark