This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another post on shaking

Started by Cameron Williams, June 9, 2016 · 4 Replies · 116 Views

Cameron Williams

I read through the long sticky post on shaking.

Coach said shaking indicates that shaking means mastery has not been achieved. On FL/PE1, my abs start shaking after a few seconds, but I can complete 5x60s without much trouble (unless you consider shaking to be trouble).

To confirm - does any shaking mean no mastery?

Here's a video of 40s or so of my FL/PE1 (shot after completing 5x60s):

My abs are shaking pretty much the whole time, but it's not that visible from this shot.

So just for clarity - what level of shaking is considered acceptable / non-acceptable for mastery standard?

Thanks!

Cam

Kevin Chaussee

I will be interested to see the response of the trainers.  There is absolutely no discernible shaking.  I know exactly what you are experiencing.  At times the muscles may flutter a bit when becoming fatigued.  I hope this does not mean that an element is not mastered!!!  Good luck! 

Cole Dano

We're talking about a much more overt shaking. Your video looks fine.

For the hollow holds, if you are unsure if you've mastered an element, it will usually be pretty obvious when you take the next step up. If it's a shaky mess then spend more time solidifying the previous element.

Cameron Williams

Ok good stuff.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Eva Pelegrin
13 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

If it's a shaky mess

LOL. 

When you go from shaking to just burning it’s a sign you’re getting stronger.
When it burns like hell and you can complete the 5th set of 60s (nonstop PE/>iM) you’re getting closER to mastery.