Hey guys! Hope you can help me out in here.. The thing is.. I don't know how to do the Bent Hollow Body Rock right. I always seem to be moving the legs or even the head just to gain momentum.. Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0arlpJD3-Jg
Yup. I'm that bad
Let me know what advice do you have for me. I appreciate it!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
FL/PE2 - How to balance without legs' support?
Started by João Pedro Pereira Pereira, June 9, 2016 · 5 Replies · 292 Views
The video is private, so cannot see ![]()
I haven't seen the video yet, but I think of it as an extra crunch in my lower abs to tip backward then back to regular crunch to tip forward. I think I heard a forum coach call it something that transferring tension in the abs.
Have you ever laid on your back, with your legs straight up (perpendicular to the ground) and lifted your hips/butt off the ground? To me, that lower ab engagement and hip lift off the ground is similar to the backward rock in a hollow body rock.
This is what makes sense in my brain, hope it helps you!
I managed to open the link by copy&paste...
Watch the instructional video again! The instructor clearly says in the beginning: "Start from the position of PE1"
> your hip angle is way too small, you should have open hips, means less than 90°of flexion. You want your spine to be curled, but having your knees further away from you, approximately one arm lenght. When you are rocking forward-backwards, try to give the impulse alternately with your upper and lower abs.
I'm currently working on this exercise aswell ;-) good luck!
We need to go back to PE1 and get that solid first.
Don't let that get you down, this is not an easy element by any means.
As Petra said, your leg position is in too close.
Now this may be the best you can do due to weak abs. That's fine, but it needs to be built out to the correct angle before even thinking about the rocks or they just won't work.
My suggestion is start by posting a form check of FL/PE1 and then we can go from there.
João Pedro,
Good to see you here! I hope you're doing well. Listen to these guys. They know their stuff.
1 hour ago, Cole Dano said:My suggestion is start by posting a form check of FL/PE1 and then we can go from there.
The contributions in this forum and GST as a whole system offers the most authentic and sound progressions I've found for the type of skills we're dreaming about.
You know where I'm coming from. The difference here is that your dream skills can become a reality, if you put in the work, even if you're not a genetic freak. And more important, without getting unnecessarily damaged/injured in the process and that's huge for me!
Frankly, I'm done with getting banged around from different modalities over the years. I would love to blame my testosterone or stupidity, but sometimes it also comes down to the modality process/ethos itself and its lack of built-in incremental preparation and individualization that in hindsight should be required for the majority of us who are not studs. Sorry to digress on a personal note, just in case it resonates with you.
I started Foundation at the beginning like a baby and I'm slowly and surely building what it's going to take – one baby step at a time. Very happy!
#heaven