This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

And so I'm done!

Started by Guido Franchetti, June 8, 2016 · 2 Replies · 103 Views

Guido Franchetti

Finished Thrive 1!

I have lost 2-3 kg, but the best improvements for me have been more consistent cooking and meal planning, and a more complete breakfast - before I used to only have a coffee and it feels much better now.

My portioning, especially of carbs and fats, could do with some improvement, as could planning - sometimes I do not manage to follow Thrive guidelines because of what it is on offer at the canteen at work. Also, if I am travelling I usually mess up things. Still, big improvement since the times I cooked for dinner only a couple of times a week.

My carbs are not always of the most optimal type: I often eat bread and, less frequently, pasta. I am not a big fun of rice, and potatoes and squashes gets boring soon. I do not think bread and pasta are going away from my diet anytime soon - but maybe at some point I will decide to experiment and see if they are really holding my body back.

Another thing I am still not totally convinced of, is that saturated fat are completely innocuous. I have read white pure and deadly, I even tried good calories bad calories (but that was too boring to keep going) and while I am fully convinced that refined sugars, especially in large quantities, are very unhealthy, I do not stand persuaded that saturated fats should be completely redeemed. However, I feel fine following Thrive directives on fats and (animal) proteins.

So, many things need consolidating, but I feel I am more aware than before, and I am more confident that habits can be changed by taking one thing at a time, so thank you Jeff for a very nice course!

Jeff Serven

Guido! 

Nice job! 

You are making great progress. Just keep doing what your doing until the progress stalls. Then we can address the past then but let's not mess with success. 

Yes GCBC is a tough read. Took me a year to get through it. More like reading a text book that anything. 

Saturated fat is not innocent. It has its inherent problems in the wrong setting. The problem is saturated fat + sugar is a time bomb waiting to go off. Most people eat 1) sugar and 2) fat. The poorly thought out idea was to get rid of fat. Didn't work. A better approach is to eat healthy fats and heathy carbs. Coconut oil is a saturated fat and it burns cleaner that alleged heart healthy polyunsaturated fat. 

 

Guido Franchetti

Thank you Jeff!