This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE5

Started by Petri Widsten, June 7, 2016 · 10 Replies · 171 Views

Petri Widsten

Is this form good enough for mastery?

I haven't done the iM yet. I assume the goal is to develop enough compression to enable feet rather than ankles to touch the bar in nHLL and HLL. What distance between hands and feet should one reach before progressing?

 

Petri Widsten

Bump

Cole Dano

Not quite there yet.

The leg have to get to a minimum of 90 degrees every rep, some reps are falling short.

I like a small pause at the top (that's ok here)

Bottom ribs pressed back into the wall bars, with lats 'relaxed'

It might just be the camera angle, but it looks like there is some arch in your back at the top. 

Petri Widsten

Appreciate the feedback. I tried to stop every pull at 90 degrees so that my lower back wouldn't come off a bar. I'll pay more attention to reaching 90 deg for every rep. Is the lower back allowed to come off the bars after 90 deg or does that defeat the purpose? What about the iM distance?

Cole Dano

The lower lower back should come off the bars, as that is done via the abs, if you roll up so it just the upper back then it's due to lats.

In a good rep the butt will be completely off but you'll still feel the lower back pressed into the bars.

Petri Widsten

Oh good, I was making it unnecessarily hard for myself by trying to keep my butt in contact with the bars. Good thing I asked and thanjs once more, Cole!

Cole Dano

Happy to help Petri, it's a bit confusing, Wes is emphasising the lat pull aspect in the video since it's a common mistake, but getting the abs engaged is critical to doing the full HLL, so good to start that now. If the legs go beyond 90 degrees (without lat pull) that's bonus.

Petri Widsten

Ok, did 5x5 today, with quads tired from hiking. Video shows the last set. How am I looking?

 

 

Cole Dano

This is better :)

Petri Widsten
7 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

This is better :)

Thanks to your advise I was able to make some adjustments, Cole. Good enough to progress?

Cole Dano

Go for it.