This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 - What's the trick?

Started by Kevin Easton, June 7, 2016 · 2 Replies · 255 Views

Kevin Easton

I am having a hard time with this exercise.  I find when I get to the top of the movement sometimes I am solid and some times I lose balance and typically my feet are touching the floor.  I bumped my progression way back doing 3x3.  Last week I hit the 3x3 then last night I tried again and got 3-2-2.  (the 2's were me being generous to myself)

My compression at the top isn't very good and my torso isn't vertical (like shown in the example video).

Are there any tips you guys have for this movement?  I know this is the very first basic Manna progression, but is there some sort of scaled down exercise I can try to work my compression and balance for the top of the movement?

Kate Abernethy

One that worked for me to improve tuck compression was to lie on back and tuck up legs trying to get knees to touch the shoulders. Bring them in with your hands if necessary, then let go and try to hold them there. Other ideas are to do the movement super-slow, super-fast, legs movement only/ torso movement only with the rest of the body in the top position. The balance will come with lots of practice (and go with lack of practice, hence keep doing them forever! :))

Cameron Williams

Also, use mats to raise you up a bit off the ground (roll off the mat to standing on the floor). This allows you to work on form/compression and get more volume in without being perfect at it. As your form and mobility improve, you can slowly decrease the amount of mats until you are on the ground.

i struggled with this one for a while, and that's what helped me improve. Best of luck! :)