This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cauliflower

Started by Andrei Coval, June 7, 2016 · 4 Replies · 188 Views

Andrei Coval

Hi

Recently I have been eating a lot of cauliflower, replacing the rice with it and almost adding it to every lunch and dinner in different forms, but today I have overheard someone mention that it is not to healthy to eat it often , because of the high content of uric acid, is this true ? 

Julia Quigley

Hi Andrei! My understanding is that the amount of uric acid in cauliflower isn't a concern for healthy individuals, but someone else may have more information. 

Also, just wanted to encourage you to not entirely replace rice with cauliflower. Carbs are a good thing! :)

Jeff Serven

Rice is the only substitute for rice. 

You are not getting ahead by skipping the carbs, you just are doing whatever you want and not doing Thrive. 

Whomever told you that cauliflower is high in uric acid is a certified bonehead. If we examine every vegetable or food we can find something to squad about. Its the internet experts with no results that talk about the uric acid in cauliflower and the aflatoxins in pistachios. If you were to really avoid uric acid you would fist skip all meat(an even worse idea), far higher than cauliflower.

Andrei, good on you for getting in a lot of vegetables by the way. 

Andrei Coval

Hi Jeff

I'm actually not skipping my carbs , just replacing the excess of carbs that i used to eat in the past. Since i don't know how much carbs is ok I am just being safe.

I could easily eat 3 cups of rice in one sitting so cauliflower staffed peppers are a really good substitution to the rice ones.

I like cauliflower since it can mix into anything i cook, was just worried that it's not the healthiest vegetable.

Thank you!

Jeff Serven

Gotcha! okay that sounds like a plan. I was reading it as you were not going to eat the carbs and I kinda wanted to scream in your face. My bust. 

Yea, I am with ya' on the 3 cups of rice thing. Veg is a good way to fill yourself up for lack of a better term. Keep doing what your doing. 

Cheers,

Jeff