Right now im working up to 15 pull ups and then plan to focus my energies on the front lever, but I want to maintain my 15 pull ups. Would 1 max set before each front lever workout (2-3 times a week) be enough to not lose any reps?
question about maintaining pull up strength
Started by Amebix138, November 22, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,488 Views
So... you can't do 15 pull ups, but you want to be able to while still practicing the front lever?
I think you should do the Front Lever first and then pull ups. It'll tire out the triceps, making it easier. You shouldn't have to worry about the rear deltoid though, it's considerably stronger than the biceps or triceps by themselves.
Just my opinion though ![]()
Front lever then pullups..
DO your pull ups after your front lever work, like they say. You won't lose your pull ups. You may even gain.
training for high reps is not so useful (only for rehab or preparation, or specific work). Training for strength will mantain the record.
Amebix,
I have increased my strict pullups from 14 (February 09) to 20 (tested end of October) by practicing the statics and by following the Gymnastic Body WODs.
Interestingly, beyond the WODs posted here, I have not trained pullups of any kind.
Your results may vary.
best,
jason