This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scapula position in Bent Arm Chin Hang: RC/PE6

Started by Sergio Mgencasa, June 6, 2016 · 5 Replies · 133 Views

Sergio Mgencasa

Hello guys!

What's the correct scapula position here? I know there's no protratcion but is it important that scapulas are totally depressed and retracted or kind of neutral position looking for not protacting them?

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

At this point of the bent arms work there is no enough preparation to modify voluntary  the scapula position, this is something we want to suggest only when a basic shoulder girdle stabilization is achieved like the later F4 IM's.

for now pull yourself up and let your body to "adapt" the situation.

Alessandro Mainente

Me and Zach...we are the same person whit 2 different identities.

Sergio Mgencasa

I'm struggle with 5x36 sec and in the last serie I realize that my left scapula wanted to go fordward... 

Alessandro, I can modify it, maybe because I was doind rope climbing before start from scratch with F1, but I find it a bit "strange" that total retraction.

Zach, I just tried it (depresed and... natural) and it feels good and natural hehe

Totally clear! Thank you Alessandro-Zach (same person) hehe. Lots of good knowledge overhere!

Eva Pelegrin

Sounds like Sergio is trying to find something to think about during those holds, haha.

Sergio, I was going to say I envy you but I don't. I will get there in my own timing. Make sure to keep your body straight. I don't think they like piking around here. ;)

Sergio Mgencasa

hahaha even if you don't believe it, it's harder to me the whole minute of FL/PE3, it almost makes me cry... It doesn´t mean RC is easier hehe.