First time doing these today - I don't have access to stall bars at my regular gym. How's the form? They're hard on the grip but the lifts feel easy.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
SL/PE9 Form Check
Started by Petri Widsten, June 6, 2016 · 13 Replies · 245 Views
Form is fine, maybe a little more toe point.
But you're getting in the HARD way. Just walk up to the bars, bend forward, and reach up behind you to grab the bars.
Wow that was quick, thanks for checking, Cole. The course video doesn't show how to enter the starting position
I saw a video posted by False grip facebook page and I tried to replicate.
Maybe this old video posted months ago could help you:
Yeah, thanks for posting that, Alessandro. I'll try that entry next time. Looks like the one Cole described.
Yep that's the way Alessandro. It might feel awkward the first couple of times, but once you get it, it's easy.
In regards to this mastery of this element... Does it matter if we press our head into the stall bars or not?
I have noticed the element is easier if I press my head into the stall bars. It is more difficult if I force my body to use more core strength without pressing my head into the stall bars. Doing this element with a headstand it is easier if I have more weight on the top of my head. It is harder with more weight pressing down on my hands.
Nice question, do not use your head.
I finally got my stall bars installed (yay!) and I tried the entry in the second video. It felt like I was totally lacking in the required flexibility to get into that initial position.
Is there a technical trick to this entry position or is there a particular stretch that will help (I have the TB series)?
Post a video of your execution please. Usually it is a matter of technique.
58 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Post a video of your execution please. Usually it is a matter of technique.
I'll try to make one this weekend when there is someone around to take the video. It feels like a lack of shoulder flexion. When I bend down with my back parallel to the ground and my head tucked down, I only seem to be able to get my arms up to parallel with the ground, not vertical.
If I grab the bars first, I can't bend down far enough or get my head tucked down.
OMG
. My wife nearly laughed her head off when I showed her how I was trying to get into position.
Instead of bending at the hips, tucking my head down and then swinging my arms up behind my body, I was trying to walk my arms up the bars in front of my body after getting my body and head into position.
Alternatively, I was walking up to the bars, grabbing them up high with my hands and then trying to bend my back and tuck my head into position. I think this called for 270 degree ROM in my shoulder joint...
Now to whip my courage neuron into shape. I have metal stall bars above a concrete floor in my garage.
Um, guys, just checking to make sure, the lower back should remain more or less married to the stall bars? In other words, I don't need to get the toes to the ground by lowering my hips away from the bars?
Second, I have been working this for a while and the limiting factor seems to be my grip strength. I am using chalk but I constantly feel like my hands are about to slip off. I saw the instagram with someone doing it against the wall, but I have been working it long enough on the stall bars, I think I should finish it on the stall bars.
Also if someone would be so kind to let me know I can do about my hands between this element and a couple others using stall bars, I feel like my hands are turning to hamburger.
2 hours ago, Jennifer Rodriguez said:Um, guys, just checking to make sure, the lower back should remain more or less married to the stall bars? In other words, I don't need to get the toes to the ground by lowering my hips away from the bars?
Second, I have been working this for a while and the limiting factor seems to be my grip strength. I am using chalk but I constantly feel like my hands are about to slip off. I saw the instagram with someone doing it against the wall, but I have been working it long enough on the stall bars, I think I should finish it on the stall bars.
Also if someone would be so kind to let me know I can do about my hands between this element and a couple others using stall bars, I feel like my hands are turning to hamburger.
As much as possible close to the stall bar, try to compress as much as you can.