This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Knee flexibility

Started by Steffen Rasmussen, June 6, 2016 · 3 Replies · 164 Views

Steffen Rasmussen

Hi Guys.

In stretches like Narrow Hurdler Block (FSs/SE14) it looks like the models' knees are able to flex so much, that they can sit on the ground, and I am nowhere near that.

Is that normal in the beginning and will it improve in time? Yesterday when I did the stretches my knee flexibility was the limiting factor in this stretch and standing single pike (FSs/SE18). 

Keep up the good work everybody :-)

Steffen

Stephen Majerle

Yes it should improve over time if you stick with it. You can boost your bum up with a pillow in the mean time if you need to. 

Maksis Riley

Tight quad salute! I'm right with you Steffen. Actually something I started doing before the narrow hurdler is to lean back (from the same start position) while holding a strong PPT to stretch the quad first and then go into the hamstring stretch. It helps me and my quads are wayyyyyyy tighter than my hamstrings anyway so probably deserves more focus. 

 

Also worth noting that my quads were actually too tight to feel a stretch this way for quite some time. I think they needed to relax enough to actually be stretched whereas before they were chronically contracted; might explain why I've suffered from intense quad cramps for years..... :lol:

 

Hope it helps,

Max

Steffen Rasmussen

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.