This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, June 5, 2016 · 2 Replies · 65 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys!

Luckily ACL rehab is getting better week by week. So I'm looking to add cossack squats to my  workout schedule.

Today I tried them. Here's a video:

The injured leg is my right one. No pain while doing this progression.

Something to fix? Is it ok that as I lower down only heel of the straight leg is in contact with the mat?

Thank you!!

 

 

 

Ron Roitman

It seems you're hyper-extending the knee(kind of locking your knee explosively at the top of the rep).

You could slow down your tempo slightly. Unless you feel pain, spend more time in the bottom of the rep so that you can go lower.
As long as the working foot remains flat, you are good on this. I don't think you should worry about the foot position of the non-working leg. The foot can be placed in 3 different position afaik :P

Best of luck :)

Alessandro Di Sanzo
6 minutes ago, Ron Roitman said:

It seems you're hyper-extending the knee(kind of locking your knee explosively at the top of the rep).

You could slow down your tempo slightly. Unless you feel pain, spend more time in the bottom of the rep so that you can go lower.
As long as the working foot remains flat, you are good on this. I don't think you should worry about the foot position of the non-working leg. The foot can be placed in 3 different position afaik :P

Best of luck :)

I see Ron, I should be very careful about the hyper-extension, especially for the injured knee. I will definitely follow your tips about tempo too, I find this exercise great before middle split stretch work, that's why I aim to work on it consistently.

Thanks for your time, Ron!