Form Check Please.
Please let me know thoughts on Hip Pike, ROM (Depth), Wrist Position, Elbow/Shoulder Position, Lean and suggestions to improve the issues.
Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nick Ebner, June 5, 2016 · 3 Replies · 245 Views
Form Check Please.
Please let me know thoughts on Hip Pike, ROM (Depth), Wrist Position, Elbow/Shoulder Position, Lean and suggestions to improve the issues.
Thanks
Great question Nick. I just started these and have the same questions on the form. Looking forward to hearing feedback!
@Coach Sommer if you have time can you take a look at this form or tag a coach who you think is good to critique, as I want to progress properly and no1 has given any feedback in almost a month. And if they move is too flawed I want to make sure I'm doing what is necessary to get better. Thanks!
Hey Nick, sorry for the delay, always feel free to bump a form check that hasn't been responded to after a couple of days.
You are crunching your upper body down into the bottom of the rep. Do you utmost to keep your chest upright, and keep away from the bar for as long as possible in the descent and ascent.
Take a look at the demo video and how upright Coach Sommer's gymnast is, how squared up his elbows are etc.
When doing your regular dips in warm up, try to keep this same upright torso as a way to help wrap your head around the technique.