This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Effective Workout Schedule to progress and achievements

Started by Davide Isernia, June 5, 2016 · 3 Replies · 257 Views

Davide Isernia

Hello everyone,

Ive just join GB family.


I recently bought all together:
-Fundamentals F1 Pro+ Stretch Bundle
FUNDAMENTALS
Foundation One w/PRO+
FRONT SPLITS
THORACIC BRIDGE
MIDDLE SPLITS


-GB Skills Package
HANDSTAND ONE
MOVEMENT ONE

-GB Thrive Level 1 (even if eat "clean enough" already, mainly for furthers hints and curiosity)

 

Im 29, and I started to train by myself about 2 years ago, before that I always have been sitting at desk all day to work.

My training until now have been based on "basic" and the most common bodyweight exercises.
I actually do around 15 pullups (I trained wide, close grip and with both prone and supine grip), 35 dips, about 20 hanging leg raises and a lot of pushup variations.

My goals are to master everything I bought and I am very stiff and tight since my past years of inactivity and sitting.
In order of importance I would like to
1 - Get my full range of motion and mobility back to 100% or the most that is possible

2 - Master Handstand skill


3 - Everything else

I can train 7days/24h for the next 4-5 months then after that I will still have a lot of time to practice but something less.
I am trying to figure out how to best "set up" my daily training in the workout scheduler that I have now.
How can I do it without avoid to train to little or too much (overuse or overlapping training stuff)?


Please, give me some hints as I feel all those stuff are a powerful tool to drastically improve and reach my goals but its like a big headache to figure out what to do first or set up liners results and achievements.

 

I attach here my self work on diet and train "transformation" in about 1 year and the final as now is the one I have as photo in this forum account. As I said totally is 2 years without anything before that in mobility or training.

Hope someone can assist me now to reach better mobility and results with all those new tools I just bought here now in GB!

Thank you

 

Iless than a year_davide_transformation.jpg

 

Jon Douglas

Start at the beginning. Read the course introductions and get a feel for the program and how to use it from step1.

Since you got everything at once I would recommend taking a little time to become familiar with the workout scheduler tool; this will simplify things a lot for you :)

Good luck and welcome aboard :)

Davide Isernia

Thanks Jon!
The point is that the Workout Schedule is set up by me and I am not sure if i can train everything everyday?
I mean I am the one who set it up, so I can put everything everyday but have no idea about the right "amount".

Guido Franchetti

Start gradually, and better start with less and then add up than overwhelming yourself with too many things at once. Fundamentals by itself maybe too gentle if you have been trying for a while so maybe start with fundamentals and one of the stretch courses - to be performed once a week. After a while if you are coping well add another stretch. If you have good recover you can do each stretch course once a week, many people do two stretches a week rotating them. When you have found your way around with stretches and you are done with fundamentals you may start with foundations. And so on... A very good advice by forum member @Eva Pelegrin is to only change/add one thing at a time and give it time to settle in your routine.

There is nothing set in stone about the order that I gave you, I suggested the stretch courses because mobility is worse than strength in most people. If you prefer, say, to start with fundamentals and handstand there is nothing wrong with that. Focus on your deficiencies but do not forget to enjoy your training. 

As a reference

Foundation trains both strength and mobility of the whole body. You work 7 elements, each with a paired mobility. You may split into a session with 4 elements and one with 3, of roughly 30 minutes or a session of all 7 of roughly an hour. Many people doing the split version train it 3/4 times a week,  and people doing all 7 elements train from 2 to 4-5 times a week (4-5 is not recommended for beginners though).

Stretching focuses on active and passive mobility, with intense 40-minutes or so workouts. Each stretch course at most once a week.

Handstand obviously trains handstand and mobility, especially shoulders and wrist mobility/strength.

Movement trains both strength and mobility as a consequence of skill practising, tumbling.

A point in favour of finishing fundamentals before you add anything else, if you have the patience to wait, is that it introduces concepts (posterior pelvic tilt, open hips,...) which are important for the correct executions of the drills in all the other courses, but which, in some cases, are assumed to be known.