hi there!
i'm quite new here and am about to do mastery on some of the elements, or have already done if only looking at the reps.
But before i move to the next progression i want to make sure my form is correct.
Thanx for watching and for comments!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Petra Dvorak, June 4, 2016 · 14 Replies · 275 Views
hi there!
i'm quite new here and am about to do mastery on some of the elements, or have already done if only looking at the reps.
But before i move to the next progression i want to make sure my form is correct.
Thanx for watching and for comments!
Hi Petra
Overall your form is quite good and tempo is fine. A couple of minor points: 1) make sure your body is fully extended at the bottom of every rep (there is occasional piking) and 2) towards the end of your set there is slight hip bobbing, maybe due to fatigue.
Thank you Petri
i've noticed the slight pike aswell.
I had hard times to get the coordination of this movement, because i usually did some body rows in my training. Where it's easier to
keep the hips straight all time, than switching from bent to straight!
Even if i do mastery i will keep training these hinge rows, they're healing my shoulder!
Yeah, these target the rotator cuff well, especially when you keep those 90 deg arm angles. Rows are simpler in terms of coordination
So today i did test mastery for RC/PE2... I found it ridiculously easy compared to the hinge rows! May come from the fact that before joining GB i usually did some ground rows (=RC/PE3) as a warm up before doing strict pull ups.
I think for the next month or so i will still train the hinge rows but log them as PE2 ![]()
Hello Petra,
I find it it helps to think "pull ribs in" because even when I think I'm doing it, I wish I could do it even more to keep my body line straighter!
Just commenting to say I'm excited to see another woman posting here who's kicking ass!
Thanks for the fitspiration @Petra Dvorak!
NIce form, i'm impressed by your range of motion during retraction, you should have a good shoulder mobility.
22 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:NIce form, i'm impressed by your range of motion during retraction, you should have a good shoulder mobility.
Ciao Alessandro! In the beginning i had even to learn not to pull too far!!! Now i try to go "only" for the 90° angles in a frontal plane, which is harder for me, but it seems to target a position i was not used to..
and second, i think my passive mobility is ok, but now i want to learn more of active mobility!
Is this better? Eva your hint about the ribs was very helpfull!
Your ROM is great and your body line looks much better. Nice improvement! You may need to lower your rings a tad to avoid hip bobbing (up & down). Ideally the hip stays in one spot and we only hinge from that axis.![]()
I had the same issue from the start. I lowered my rings then raised them until I figured the exact spot for me. See what Zach Says in my thread. There are many other RC1 form checks with good cues by the moderators.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/23699-rcpe1-work-in-progress /?do=findComment&comment=207436
I think mostly you just need to be confident you are doing these right, not worry about the camera, or squeezing so hard and the top and just let the reps flow. You're obviously strong enough and mobile enough to do these, let's just get 'er done.
Thank you Cole!
I am able to do these much faster/with more flow, i am just really focussing hard on the right shape! That's why i am looking at the screen of my iPad now and then, just for self-control. So sorry for the serious face ![]()
Ah you're looking at your ipad, that explains it.
I almost never to say this, but in your case it almost looks like you are trying to hard so I'm thinking if you just do the the sets for a while and let it settle in, it's all going to naturally come together.
Lets say this. There's nothing wrong with checking your form with a mirror of iPad. But when you do these checks, do it by feel, understanding that all the corrections you've already been making are in your muscle memory. That way we can see the 'real' version.
Right Cole, this makes sense, it's all about body awareness and muscle memory and automation.
And i am also doing this programm for learning the most.