This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 iM

Started by Sergio Mgencasa, June 4, 2016 · 3 Replies · 71 Views

Sergio Mgencasa

I feel great with 0,5 kg at that width. If I put 2 kg I feel kile struggling too much to get the correct position. Is that Ok? I noticed right arm a bit higher.

Thank you!

Eva Pelegrin

Like you said in your other post, ribs in. As you elevate your arms try bring more emphasis in keeping your shoulders down. I was told that and I thought mine look pretty good.

I think you could do 1 Kg in good form. No? When you add all the supplementary work from table and supine shoulder ext. (mentioned in your other post) you will begin to close your grip more.

Make sure you increase the weight more gradually if 2 Kg is too much now. You need to have enough load to make progress: 1 Kg > 1.5 Kg > 2 Kg.

If you don't have another .5 plate, use an ankle weight or anything you can find around the house. I mean, a pack of rice in a grocery bag, anything that works.

Keep in mind that advanced athletes get up to 10 and even 20 Kg. :wacko: I've read that for mastery requirements 2.5 Kg is enough. I want to go beyond the minimmum requirement so I plan to stay in this >iM for a little longer.

Sergio Mgencasa

Hola! I tried with two kg with a wider grip and it's OK. 

No problem looking for more kilos, I use to do weightlifting and I got up to 200 and an Olympic bar lol. 

Thank you Eva! 

Jon Douglas

20kg is quite impressive in this movement, and is a long term goal for most :) something to concentrate on  really building when zoning in on manna. At this stage priority is building the mobility with strength secondary; once that's in place we maintain the one and start bringing the strength up :)