The full stretch series has the pancake roll through begin in a straddle position, which is very challenging for me at present. I noticed in the individual instruction video that the pancake roll through does not start off in straddle or end in straddle (seated). Are both versions correct? Is there additional benefit to the seated version?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Pancake Roll Through - Different Versions
Started by Adam Hoch, June 4, 2016 · 5 Replies · 251 Views
yes both are correct the second one you mentionned is suitable for someone who cant get in a straddle with a flat back
Thanks!
welcome ![]()
I am glad to have spotted this, as I did the MS video for the first time last night and the only thing I completely failed on was the pancake roll-through. Very helpful to see there's an alternative version to work with until I develop greater flexibility.
Even in the "normal" (ha!) video, Orench's roll through is not as low as the other twos'. So you can already guess what the progression will be. @Wesley Tan's video at https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/MSs-se26/ is a great guide.