This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is too much mobility sessions dangerous?

Started by Young Chan Park, June 3, 2016 · 1 Replies · 145 Views

Young Chan Park

Is there a limit on how much mobility drills you should perform throughout the day? 

My exams are over and I've got a 3 month summer holiday break where I'll be spending about 10 hours a day from Monday to Friday every week for the next 3 months in my Karate Dojo.

I'll be doing my usual F7, HS/pHS, and attend Karate classes twice a week and do my FS and MS stretches on the weekends.

Along with the usual training, I was thinking of doing mini mobility drills throughout the day in between my study and Karate technique practices.

 

I will be cycling and varying what mobility drills I'll do, but is there a particular Foundation 1 mobility element that is not recommended to be performed multiple times, either during the day or throughout the week?

 

I'll obviously stop myself if I feel pain or if I reach my work capacity, making the mobility element into a strength element.

 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

You can do too much mobility work for your body and not, immediately, realize it.  It is better to complete the mobility work in pace with your workouts.
Be careful with Jefferson curls, both Xiaopeng, and  weighted dislocates. With the three mentioned you are dealing with smaller muscles that do not require a lot of specific training to promote additional development.