OUCH... My inflexible pecs?

Started by Seiji, November 20, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,830 Views

Seiji

I tried this today out of curiosity, but failed. And it hurt. A lot. Any exercises that could help me? I'd imagine it's a flexibility problem, but I bet if I pulled out more (like a nakayama sort of motion), then I could have done it. Technically I did do it, but ended up at the end of a skin the cat having a lot of pain in the area it stretches. Let go of the rings and walked around for a minute :P

1:08

e5mgUoIcvr4

Blairbob

Yeah, that's an old dislocate from basket. Tried one last night, hurt like hell. Push the rings out but it sure jerked at the bottom.

Gregor

Technical error.

If it's done perfect you don't need alot of flexibility, because you are very high and arms are wide apart.

Blairbob

Ideally, yes.

I'm trying to actually teach myself how to do a dislocate since I lack a spotter so I've just been working the dislocate out of a basket hang (it used to be in one of our old compulsory routines). Dislocates/Inlocates are kind of freaking me out without a spotter.

Seiji

I don't have enough deltoid strength to pull me out of that motion. When I get it, I'll try again. Until then... NO WAY. That hurt way too much.