I have the tendency to round my back during pikes (standing, seated or whatever).
I can touch the floor, flat palm it, hands behind legs... no problem but in doing so, my upper back is clearly rounded. Any ques on fixing this situation?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Srini Duggirala, June 3, 2016 · 4 Replies · 180 Views
I have the tendency to round my back during pikes (standing, seated or whatever).
I can touch the floor, flat palm it, hands behind legs... no problem but in doing so, my upper back is clearly rounded. Any ques on fixing this situation?
really focus on ant pelvic tilt and feeling the stretch in the upper hamstrings. keeping back straight, work your ROM as much as possible. your back is rounding because the hamstrings and hips don't have the ROM. It will come with time. see the new videos if you haven't looked for a while, they really talk about some of these good cues. I find the 2 pike 2 squat especially helpful.
2 minutes ago, Douglas Wadle said:really focus on ant pelvic tilt and feeling the stretch in the upper hamstrings. keeping back straight, work your ROM as much as possible. your back is rounding because the hamstrings and hips don't have the ROM. It will come with time. see the new videos if you haven't looked for a while, they really talk about some of these good cues. I find the 2 pike 2 squat especially helpful.
Thanks Doug. Which new videos are you referring to? I am working out to the full front split video and I do not find any specific cues in that video.
Srini, not sure if you've looked at the individual stretch course exercises lately. you will see there are new videos above all the old videos, and they explain and demonstrate in much greater detail. If you've only just started the program, maybe you already know these are there. So instead of pulling up the walk through course, pull up each exercise individually and listen to the cues on the top video. Hope that makes sense.
Thank you Doug for pointing me in the right direction. I have not checked the individual videos in a while. I just turn the follow along full video and start my workout.
This is exactly what I needed. I will make sure I'll check all the individual videos as I have trouble scaling into some other stretching elements.