I see now I'm having some movements in the hips that needs to be fixed but other than that, what should I work on?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HBP/PE2
Started by Tomas Johansson, June 2, 2016 · 8 Replies · 137 Views
There a tiny 'body wave' going on (upper body lifts before the hips) it's not horrible by any means. I think really you just need to do these for a while to get them solid, but the basics are all there.
One other thing is thinking of getting those elbows into the sides, and keeping your shoulders wide as you begin to push back up.
Great to hear that it's not as bad as I thought! Will focus on the elbows and keeping the body straight. Working on 4x9 and my plan is to truly master that before going further. Thanks for the help.
Follow up, trying to avoid body wave and keeping elbows closer to the sides and feet together.
Hi Tomas
What I would focus on is getting your hips to touch the floor, ideally just before your chest does. Now it looks like you're tilting forward from the diagonal starting position so that only your chest hits the floor.
Petri is right and for you, this will be related to the more PPT mentioned in sPL/PE3 which will serve to 'flatten' you out and make getting the hips to the floor possible.
Often this is a matter of tight hip flexors, so you might start working hip flexor mobility as well.
I hear what you say but I can't see a massive difference between my bodyline and the one in the technique video.
What you want is actually a flat body so that the whole body touches the floor at the same time?
Thanks both of you for your feedback
.
Can't comment on the technique video but if you start from the plank position and go straight down then ideally it should be quads, hips, chest and chin touching in that order (all nearly at the same time really).
The key point with the demo photo is the model does have excellent PPT and hollow in general. Would we like to see a bit more openness in the hip flexors sure, but this does meet all the key points.
Another way of giving the correction would be keep your bottom ribs away from the floor while trying go get your hips as close to the floor as possible.
Sometimes we call what you're doing now Dive Bomber Push Ups, which maybe helps give the flavour of Petri's point. The whole body is lowered down, rather than a chest first dive.