Any feedback on this? I feel I have a good hollow but unsure about the shoulders.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
sPL/PE3
Started by Tomas Johansson, June 2, 2016 · 8 Replies · 117 Views
It's slightly over rounded, usually thinking of taking the hips down so they are in line with the ankles and shoulders helps.
Also, what is going on with your feet, is there a reason you can't hold them together?
I will see what I can do about the rounding of my back and try to post a follow up video. I thought the hips and shoulders should be parallel to the ground. I was not aware of that the feet should be together, that will probably be easily fixed now that I am. I have poor ankle flexibility as you can see but working on it in the stretch courses. Thanks for you pointers.
Follow up, trying to keep body more straight and feet together.
Good bodyline. I think you've nailed it now but wait for a higher authority to confirm.
It's a good improvement for sure.
The biggest point is that your hands are slightly in front of your shoulders, they need to be directly under them. This is an easy fix.
The other points may take awhile, don't get to obsessed over them, you're going to have plenty of practice working these over the next elements.
- More PPT, really pull the lower abs up.
- More toe point, really relax the feet so they aren't helping hold you up. That will throw the work back to your lower abs adn actually helps drive the PPT.
Thanks both!
Yes, I see the hands are not in correct position, I have to focus on that, it's related to my wrist not having full mobility yet after my accident.
Yes the toe point will take a while to fix, I have had poor flexibility my whole life, or that's what I think now. Earlier I just thought that it was the way I was created since it always has been this way, hope it will be fixable.
I realize I probably don't understand PPT, I need to work on that. Any good articles or videos you can recommend?
I thought you might have had enough PPT though some more is possible for sure as Cole said. I guess it makes sense to go all out on PPT on these early PPT requiring exercises to have a completely flat lower back. The investment will pay off down the track.
Ok that explains the hand placement, try turning your fingers out a bit more 30-45 degrees and see it that helps.
The PPT show here is on the threshold of passing, if it were a push up, it'd be ok, but for plank it's in the grey zone.
In any case with the wrist issue mentioned, it's not a bad idea to spend some extra time here anyway.