This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE5 + a little iM

Started by Tomas Johansson, June 2, 2016 · 14 Replies · 161 Views

Tomas Johansson

Any feedback on this would be helpful, thanks!

Cole Dano

Hey Tomas, sorry if I'm foggy on this, but did you post form checks for the straddle variations?

Tomas Johansson

I think I have not posted anything on the the straddle variation, I have been a bit inactive on the forum during that time, started with PE5 a couple of months ago. From your comments on the other videos I posted I guess you would also like me feet to be together on this one.

Cole Dano

Yes definitely feet and legs together, that's an important part of how you keep tight here.

I'd like to roll this form check back to the straddle variation so I can see a couple of other things, better fixed there first.

Tomas Johansson

I will try to post  video of the straddle as soon as possible.

 

Tomas Johansson

 

The promised follow ups.

Cole Dano

Great, the static is not bad. Biggest thing for you to work on is that ankle mobility and keeping a bit tighter in the legs in general. 

On the rocks you are making a very common error, and using your legs to rock back down. When you come up you are doing it perfectly, using your core to pull up. To come down, it's just a matter of 'relaxing' the same thing  you did to pull up, so gravity brings you back. The legs don't need to help at all.

Tomas Johansson

Good to hear! Did these videos give you any help on my original post, anything to fix in that?

 

Cole Dano

Let fix the straddle rocks first :)

Tomas Johansson

Of course.

Tomas Johansson

Follow up, any improvement on the rocks?

Cole Dano

Huge improvement, that is good to go!

Tomas Johansson

Follow up, any improvement on the rocks?

Tomas Johansson

Great, thanks! I will stick with this progression for a while and see that I still have the mastery now that I have learnt a bit more.

Tomas Johansson

Sorry about posting the video again, dont know how that happened but it seems like the input field for posting doesnt always clear between posts. Using android.