I haven't been able to find the answer, but is training with GST the only method that is required? Clearly for strength and mobility, but what about fat burning and endurance? I'm fairly certain that some cardio would still be beneficial. My heart rate does increase but moderately because most of the movements are slow and controlled. But what about fat burning like throwing in a quick finisher of a HIIT at the end?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
GST for Whole Body Fitness
Started by Caryn James, June 2, 2016 · 2 Replies · 200 Views
I never do cardio, just strength training. Having said that it would depend on your body type. I am more of a mesomorph, but if you have an endomorph type body, you will definitely need more cardio for the fat burn.
I'd like to put a plug in for people taking up a sport such as Raquetball, Squash, Football, Hockey, Soccer ect. I think its a great addition to overall health and wellbeing. Training GST can be a very solitary endeavor if you are like me and live in a small town. It gets your heart rate up, improves your mood (especially if you win), expands your social circle, and reinforces how beneficial your training efforts have been.