This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mobility Concerns

Started by Charlotte Miles, June 2, 2016 · 2 Replies · 167 Views

Charlotte Miles

At this moment in time the range of motion in my hips, hamstring and ankles/calves is limited. I have opened day 7 to see that I will severely struggle with both movements. Whilst I am happy to keep working on them at my current ROM, I am just wondering, will specific stretches or mobility exercises be prescribed further down the line that might help address the mobility issues that prevent me from doing these exercises. The videos keep suggesting putting a chair/table in front of me for support, which is all well and good for static holds of each position I cannot yet reach, but these aren't a solution when moving and don't address fixing the issue at hand. Can someone please advise? Many thanks. Charlotte

Coach Sommer

Hi Charlotte,

Yes, specific prescriptions for addressing these mobility deficits will be presented down the road in F1/Pro+ and the GB stretch courses.  

For now it is sufficient to simply and deeply identify the deficits that will be requiring future attention.  For many people, it is quite a shock to them to discover how truly rigid their once athletic bodies have become.  And psychologically many of us need some time to come to terms with this before we can begin to make meaningful progress forward.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas

Don't worry; to facilitate press handstand and manna work, we will be declaring open season on your hamstrings and hip mobility before too long. Its quite an eye opener :)

Ankles and calf mobility and prehab is primarily addressed in the stretch courses and will be necessary for single leg squats, as well as lower body Movement training. Plus of course all the many many other activities we all perform which require us to jump run shuffle or turn at a moments notice :)