This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Mobility - Glutes and Hamstrings

Started by Jay Dunn, June 2, 2016 · 1 Replies · 246 Views

Jay Dunn

Hey,

When I do the Thoracic mobility from day 15 I feel it a lot in my hamstrings and a little in my glutes as well. I feel some in my mid back, but it's the legs getting tired that cause me to stop the exercise rather than the actual intended area. I assume it's just a strength deficit in these areas, but is there any chance I'm doing it wrong and should be trying to put more emphasis on the back rather than support through the legs?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Coach Sommer

Hi Jay,

Nope, you are doing it correctly.  At this stage of our training it is necessary to use a vastly scaled down version of a thoracic bridge as we have not yet addressed shoulder flexion which will be one of the topics the course addresses for you in the near future. 

Later in F1/Pro+ and the GB Thoracic Bridge Series, we will use more advanced exercises which will allow you to target the thoracic spine with more intensity.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer